White Clouds -- "fancier" version??

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Finzzup

AC Members
Dec 1, 2002
NW Iowa
Visit site
Has anybody ever heard of White Clouds having long tails? My LFS said they are going to hopefully get these in and I forget what he called them - something like Red Meteor White Minnows although I know that's not right, but it was something along that line...

He also wants a LOT of $$ per fish and said these are "extremely rare and very coveted" by many people.

And I am positive he said they are White Clouds! They're really cheap in the store, so can't imagine why he wants $10 for one of these fancier ones!

I'm also one of these people who are susceptible to the "hard to find" syndrome and if someone tells me they're very very rare then I'll probably have to have it. :D (This applies to anything from toys to shoes to jewelry and probably fish...)

bettaman

AC Members
Nov 27, 2002
NY
Visit site
It's true that the long-finned white clouds are rare, I happen to have the gold-variation which are also semi-rare. I don't know if they're worth the $10 mark-up. Nice looking fish though...

wetmanNY

AC Members
"Meteor Minnows" keep appearing and dying away in the trade. Do the current batch have all the clear colors of the two natural races of these fish (one of which is now extinct in the wild, btw)?

Long finnage is a fairly commonplace mutation. I've inherited a Ram who's quite spoiled by his unnecessary "veiltail."

AsahiToro

Fish Nazi
May 28, 2002
Lutz, Fl
Yeah, the long finned white clouds are not too rare here in Florida. I see them all the time and they usually run about $1.50-$2 or so each.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store