Science fair ideas?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Agent_Scully

AC Oscar Club Member #1
Jul 9, 2008
Georgia
Yeah I know school hasn't even started yet. Anyway, does anybody have any aquarium related or frog related ideas for a science fair project. I would like to do something to show people the importance of not keeping goldfish in bowls. Any ideas? We usually only have like 3 weeks to actually carry out the "experiment".

BTW I would prefer not to have to kill anything or have anything die. LOL!

AshK

Muffin MIX NAO
Jun 24, 2008
California, PA
you need permits to do a science fair project on animals

Alan R

AC Members
Jul 9, 2008
Northeast Georgia
Yeah I know school hasn't even started yet. Anyway, does anybody have any aquarium related or frog related ideas for a science fair project. I would like to do something to show people the importance of not keeping goldfish in bowls. Any ideas? We usually only have like 3 weeks to actually carry out the "experiment".

BTW I would prefer not to have to kill anything or have anything die. LOL!
What part of GA are you in? My daughter went back to school last Friday on the 1st.

Alan R

AC Members
Jul 9, 2008
Northeast Georgia
you need permits to do a science fair project on animals
maybe in your state, maybe not in ours. Contact the GA DNR and find out before speculating. www.gadnr.org for contact info.
Besides, I doubt GA would require a permit. They most likely will allow it or not allow it. If they don't allow it, it's not likely they would give a permit for it. And if they do have one, they will make it impossible for the average person to acquire one. I could be very wrong though. That's just me speculating given my experience with the DNR when I was in the pet industry here in GA.

cam191919

AC Members
Apr 8, 2008
Tallahassee FL
last one ive done was on chicken eggs, from my chickens. i made up most of the numbers tho, considering a bobcat got my test subjects

wataugachicken

The Dancing Banana
Jul 14, 2005
Charlotte, NC
the only science fair project i ever did was to prove that gum gets digested if you swallow it.

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
Did your project include 'stool' samples?

Agent_Scully

AC Oscar Club Member #1
Jul 9, 2008
Georgia
Actually i did a project on frogs last year and no permit was required. I won't be running tests on them. I just want to compare the physical condition of feeder goldfish after 1 week or 2. Both will be given to my grandma after its over. She has a huge pond in her yard. One goldfish will be kept in a bowl and one will be kept in a 20 gallon tub.

AshK

Muffin MIX NAO
Jun 24, 2008
California, PA
Sounds pretty cruel to me. You could keep them in the same conditions and monitor their growth with certain foods instead. For example, feed one some foods, feed the other different kinds. Compare growth, behavior, color.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store