Copperband, Pearlyscale, or Naso Tang?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

wantvws

AC Members
Jul 15, 2007
Waynesboro, VA
My LFS has a Copperband butterfly, Pearlyscale butterfly, and a small Nasso tang in stock. I like all three...but I'm leaning toward either the Pearlyscale or the Naso. Any thoughts on any of these guys? They're all around the same price.
I'm tempted to get all three, but that can't happen right now.....
Thanks!!!!
Robbie

Catpicklesdog

Hindsight is a wonderful thing!
Feb 25, 2007
Telford, UK
Real Name
Alison
Oo oo another fish in your small tank (j/k):grinyes:

Whilst I like all 3, the pearlscale (I'm assuming you are referring to Chaetodon mertensii) is one, that in my opinion you don't see that often, so on that reasoning alone I'd go for that one:grinyes:

wantvws

AC Members
Jul 15, 2007
Waynesboro, VA
Oo oo another fish in your small tank (j/k):grinyes:

Whilst I like all 3, the pearlscale (I'm assuming you are referring to Chaetodon mertensii) is one, that in my opinion you don't see that often, so on that reasoning alone I'd go for that one:grinyes:
I like the way you think.;)
I bought the Pearlscale. It's actually the Chaetodon xanthurus. I'll post pics in my build thread in the next day or two. He's pretty small and my angels have been trying to bully him, but he stands his ground:nutkick:. He doesn't seem to want to take any crap from them, but he's not aggressive at all. Hopefully he'll work out! It is a gorgeous fish....
My LFS doesn't move a lot of SW fish, so there is a pretty good chance that I'll end up with at least one of the others....I really like the Copperband but aren't they difficult to keep?
Robbie

Catpicklesdog

Hindsight is a wonderful thing!
Feb 25, 2007
Telford, UK
Real Name
Alison
I like it:grinyes: The colours "pop" more on that one than the Merten!

For anyone who's getting confused on the fish names, Chaetodon mertensii is known as the Merten's butterflyfish or Pearlscale Butterflyfish.

Chaetodon xantthurus is known as the Yellowtail Butterflyfish or Crowned Pearlscaled Butterflyfish:grinyes:

Hence why I was getting confused (although it's not hard to confuse me!!!)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store