Setting up a new paludarium and some questions...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

skyrocco16v

Registered Member
Jul 27, 2008
Hi, my wife and i are in the process of setting up a paludarium. its a 55 gal. tank with about 1/2 water and 1/2 land surface area. we plan on lots of plants, bot in the dirt and aquatic varieties. we want to keep some small fish and green tree frogs. what else can i keep in there with the frogs? i have a very stong background with aquariums but close to no experiance with amphibians. would it be possible to keep a coulple of anoles or some other type of lizzard in there as well? here is a pic of our setup so far. more pics will come soon. any input would be appreciatied.
tia, corey

paludarium1.jpg

Notophthalmus

I put the 'snork' in 'snorkeling'!
Mar 4, 2008
Tennessee
Hello and welcome, Skyrocco!

Your paludarium is looking great so far! It could use a branch or two for the frogs. I would not put anoles in there, but a second treefrog species, such as gray treefrogs, would make a nice addition. As far as aquatic stock, small livebearers or killies are your best bet. I like to check the ghost shrimp tank at my LFS for killies; golden topminnows and bluefin killifish are both common and attractive 'stowaways' who will do well in that environment, and are sympatric with green treefrogs to boot.

Good luck and keep us updated!

cam191919

AC Members
Apr 8, 2008
Tallahassee FL
most ghost shrimp come from around my area in florida. thers a lot of possibilitys of cool fish, maybe even least killifish, which are so small you could have a school of them in ther.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store