10 gallon Nano

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

snailrider

AC Members
Oct 30, 2007
davesbmw.com
I don't know what even got me thinking but I did. So What the heck kind of critters can be happy in a ten with the rock pictured below? How many would be a safe thing too, so as not to have too many waterchanges.

I'm going to pull water from the 55 and some sand from it to kick start it, and maybe a piece of Live rock or two.

I'm thinking maybe a green clown goby, some crabs and snails, and either damsels or something very active swimming. My clowns are actually boring fish, but damsels seem to entertain me alot.

What other fish stays fairly small and yet would play in the rock?
Colorful would be an added bonus.

DSC03632.JPG DSC03638.JPG

LiveOutLoud

AC Members
Feb 4, 2008
I would go with the just the green clown goby. I really don't know about the damsel I would be worried about it bullying the goby. I say just the goby tho because mine has been by itself in a 55 for 3 months and has an incredible personality and is out most of the time. Plus the fish would love playing peekaboo in that rock structure. Good luck!

snailrider

AC Members
Oct 30, 2007
davesbmw.com
will the green and a yellow clown goby coexist peacefull?

I added water , sand, macro, filter today. A tad cloudy yet, but getting better. Just regular playsand rinsed, then a cup of live sand to kick it off. Put a tiny dried fish in it also, to kick off the cycle.ck

I have some smaller pond pumps, I may add one or two for circulation around the rock. I need a good light hood, looking into LED stuff.

here it is...

DSC03644.JPG

snailrider

AC Members
Oct 30, 2007
davesbmw.com
I guess it's about a week now. I put some fluorescent screw in bulbs for the hood, "full spectrum" for whatever that means LOL

I can see the lure for these little tanks. Just the restraint from overstocking is tough for most I bet.

nano3.jpg

snailrider

AC Members
Oct 30, 2007
davesbmw.com
I scrapped the 10 g setup. That rock was just to big LOL

That rock is now in the 55, the rock from the 55 went into a 20 and looks just awesome in the 20. I will most likely build rocks more suited for a ten.

The ten gallon tank now houses the fresh water fish, 2 silverdollars, a ciclid some snails and a sucker fish. Looks really awesome for a plastic dacor tank. The screw in flourescent bulbs really do a great job.

The 55 will eventually get turtles, the 20 gallon the turtles are in will get the rock from the 10, the other rock and sand in the 55 will go to the 225 which is totally dismantled at this time.

antimatter

AC Members
Aug 2, 2007
The 55 will eventually get turtles, the 20 gallon the turtles are in will get the rock from the 10, the other rock and sand in the 55 will go to the 225 which is totally dismantled at this time.
lol I had to read this a couple times to get it down.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store