Need Ideas for a beach/tide in my 225

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

snailrider

AC Members
Oct 30, 2007
davesbmw.com
OK so I have this huge tank, which is drilled for sump. One end looks as though it has expanded and ripped the silicon joints some. The center brace is loose also.

So I am not comfortable setting it up without some re-enforcing of some type.
I thought a stainless steels top parimeter, with cross bracing which could line up to fit lights and hood. This is a good idea I believe.

BUT...I was thinking of a beach for this anyway. I would need the water to rise and fall to create the tidal thing on the beach. This was a problem to a degree, but could be done.

But I was thinking that if I just added another piece of end glass, oh 16 inches from the end and used that as a holding tank I could accomplish the structural integrety and tidal basin for the water to be pumped from.

So how would one design the overflow system as to not over fill the lower sump, or run the lower sump empty during the tidal changes?

Some sort of teeter totter float valve which regulates which side gets the water?

Any ideas welcome :goldfish:

kcress

AC Members
Apr 9, 2005
I think you'd need flexible float based overflow. So the skimming height is set by the float and the float, of course, follows the water level.

So are you saying that great tank you got has an integrity issue?

7faces

Noob DIY'er
Mar 22, 2008
St.Louis
Tanks can be re-siliconed back to 100% integrity...pretty easy to do...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store