Clownfish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

michaeljr10wv

AC Members
Aug 12, 2008
West Virginia
Just got back from the LFS. I got a nice clownfish for $5!!! She told me that a ex employee brought in 6 fish yesterday and they had them in a 14 gallon cube tank. They had them all real cheap. There was a yellow tang and they wanted $15, a few blue devils for $2, and some gobies for $4. She said they were going to sell the LR and snails and everything together and R suppose to call me when the rest of the fish R gone :) Might get a good deal on the whole tank.

But the clownfish is accimulating in a bowl with the drip method. Seems to be doing fine. I'll post pics later of him in his new home.

Mike

michaeljr10wv

AC Members
Aug 12, 2008
West Virginia
Well he's been in the tank for awhile now. He is very curious. Most fish scatter and hide when U get close to the tank at first, but not this one. He goes right to the top or front. If I open the lid he's waiting for food. I'll give him a flake or two, and when I close it he comes to the front looking at me. I think the person who had him took good care of him and paid him alot of attention.

Well here is a pic. It's a little blury. He won't pose...always on the move. And he/she like to sway at the sand. He has made a low place in the back!

I'll try to get some decent shot this evening when I do the water tests.

Mike

michaeljr10wv

AC Members
Aug 12, 2008
West Virginia
A few more pics.

Stats:

Ph still 7.7
nitrite 0
ammonia 0
nitrate 0
I'm sure it will be a little different in the morning :)

He seems pretty hungry. I feed him with 3-4 flakes and he eats it all. He doesn't waste anything.

Mike

michaeljr10wv

AC Members
Aug 12, 2008
West Virginia
video

Here is a little video I did on my camera! He racious swimming. Can't wait until the 20 gallon is ready for him!

Tirn down your sound! I'ts loud humming :(
[yt]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IlE3dHkw990&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IlE3dHkw990&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/yt]

Mike

Last edited:

BubbleBack_Ek9_

Shrimp Breeder
Jan 14, 2008
Hey there nice clown is that a QT tank and if so wat size is that...?

Reefscape

I shoot people with a Canon
Staff member
Nov 8, 2006
Staffordshire, UK
seethroughmylens.co.uk
Real Name
Blinky
Nice looking clown, great fish with personality...You need to get that pH raised, slowly, thats pretty low....

Are them pics of it in the quarantine, or main display tank? If thats the quarantine, then i would suggest you remove the substrate from the tank. You want a quarantine to be nice an clear / clean of substrate and live rock...just have some PVC pipework for the new arrivals to hide in....

Good deal....

michaeljr10wv

AC Members
Aug 12, 2008
West Virginia
It's a five gallon that use to house several blue devils. It's been running for over two months. I'm cycling a 20 gallon for him/her and using this as a temp tank. I used the old filter in the 20 gallon. The LFS lady gave me some filter media from a tank they were dismantling along with a few handfuls of live sand.. I used it in the 5 gallon.

this morning stats

temp 78

ph 7.8 (going up slowly. did the same thing for a few days when I added the sand to the 20 gallon)

nitrite 0
ammonia 0
nitrate 20

Going to do a 1/3 water change in awhile.

Mike

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store