What Should I Do?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

nano cichlids

Over ran with EBJD fry
Feb 10, 2008
Clarkston MI
Real Name
Kyle
im torn between starting an African cichlid tank, community, or central American, i have a 55 that's housing my jacks but there going to be moved to a 75 as they grow which will leave me with an empty 55. i could always use it to grow out EBJD but id rather not. (i already have a tank setup for that) so what do you all think i should do? if you have any suggestions for stock there all welcome :grinyes:

AfroCichlid

AC Members
Jan 10, 2008
Fort Myers, FL
Personally, I would go with a community of some sort. One fish in a tank is boring to me. I would use plants, so most robust American cichlids would be out. I guess it would depend on what's available. I would rule out anything that won't thrive in my tapwater, select a must have species, then build around that. Any ideas yet? Planted or not?

nano cichlids

Over ran with EBJD fry
Feb 10, 2008
Clarkston MI
Real Name
Kyle
get addicted do all three, after all it is just three more tanks....
haha i wish.... ive got 5 tanks larger than 55.. i just had one open so i thought id try something new.... Africans are looking really nice but i know nothing about them :uhoh: so if i do a 55 african tank, can we make a species list? if i do community german blue ram are a must, and maybe a keyhole cichlid but im not sure..... i think im going to do african so any help would be nice

Dwarf Puffers

Dec 11, 2006
NS, Canada
Forget the cichlids. Time for a planted river setup with rasboras, barbs and loaches.:headbang2:
:rolleyes: Wait a minute, that sounds suspiciously like a Lupin tank!

Hurley

aka Bunny13
Oct 2, 2005
Baltimore, Maryland
www.freewebs.com
I love large community tanks. You really get to begin to see more natural behavior with schooling fish and I find them so much more relaxing then tanks where the inhabitants are always nipping at each other. The South American tank could be similar to a community tank too. Get a pair or 2 of rams or a harem of apistos and a couple schools of tetras...very nice!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store