"Necktie's"

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

AnDr3w

AC Members
Apr 29, 2007
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida.
Well I just came back from Big Al's and I bought 3 fish and some frozen bloodworms. The fish were severums. I got 3 "Neckties." Does anyone know what they are? I think they are either Turqoise Severums or Red Heads. Does anyone have any guesses? :huh:

AnDr3w

AC Members
Apr 29, 2007
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida.
I know about severums, but I assummed that they were either Red Heads or Turqoise. They are in a 29g growout right now with 1 G. Brasiliensis. I was just unsure of the species.

lucy42083

AC Members
Jan 20, 2008
Wappingers Falls, NY
Well, pics would be necessary for a positive ID. My best guess is that they are redheaded severums/rotkeils, since they typically have the red "necktie", and I have some thought in the back of my head that I've heard rotkeils referred to as neckties before. I'm definitely not 100% sure though.

pinkertd

May 29, 2007
New Jersey
Real Name
Debbi
They sound really pretty, pics coming soon? I kept sevs before I mastered discus and loved them!

AnDr3w

AC Members
Apr 29, 2007
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida.
Ok I will describe them now and get pix up later. They are about 3" long and 2.5" tall. The are brown, with a black stripe on the very last part of the body where the tail meets the body. A little bit of blue is starting to come out on the gill plates.

Pix up later.

AnDr3w

AC Members
Apr 29, 2007
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida.
Here they are. Not mine but ones from google. I put in "Juvinile Severums."

These are what mine look like.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store