I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =) =) =)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

austinpetemo

AC Members
Sep 25, 2007
Newton Falls, OH
after about a month or so in qt ive got my big goby back up to health he swims around alot he tries to hide when i walk up to the plastic and is no longer a bag of bones and is constantly looking for food (pig). the only thing is, his fin along the top of his body is still riped with only a few rays sticking up here and there. will this grow back or is he permanetly damaged (i shouldve killed that tiger barb!). im curently changing the water every to every other day and and adding tera somthin (restores slime coat and esential water stuffs). also is there a med that i can treat to get his fins to grow back nicely?

Last edited by a moderator:

inkyjenn

AC Members
Jun 15, 2008
southern california
keep up with the water changes, and his fins should grow back no problems. if you want, you can take a look at melafix. but i vote go conservative and just keep the water nice and clean

also, there is something very satisfying about bringing a fish back from the brink of death. all that hard work does pay off sometimes. congrats :)

austinpetemo

AC Members
Sep 25, 2007
Newton Falls, OH
keep up with the water changes, and his fins should grow back no problems. if you want, you can take a look at melafix. but i vote go conservative and just keep the water nice and clean

also, there is something very satisfying about bringing a fish back from the brink of death. all that hard work does pay off sometimes. congrats :)
thanx i really thought he was done for. yeah i look into it bcuz it seems like they arnt growing back.

austinpetemo

AC Members
Sep 25, 2007
Newton Falls, OH
ok. i cant wait to get him back into his tank!!!

lucy42083

AC Members
Jan 20, 2008
Wappingers Falls, NY
In most cases the fins should grow back in time with clean water. However I have heard that if the fins are bitten down far enough that the muscle or whatever is actually damaged, they may not ever grow back. Never had that happen to my fish though.

Sploke

resident boozehound
Staff member
Oct 20, 2005
South Windsor, CT
Real Name
Matt
Good that its eating now. The fins will probably grow back, it just takes a while (a few months). Is this your violet goby? Are you going to start keeping it in brackish water where it belongs?

austinpetemo

AC Members
Sep 25, 2007
Newton Falls, OH
im not gonna be able to do brakish bcuz i cant get another tank and brakish will kill my other fish. and if he gets sick again i may just try to find him a home where he can live in brakish.

pinkertd

May 29, 2007
New Jersey
Real Name
Debbi
Great accomplishment! And as everyone has said, it will take time, but the fins will grow back! Enjoy that lucky guy now and you deserve applause:clap::clap::clap:.. It is a wonderful feeling to nurse a sick pet back to health!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store