omg 3 dead 1 missing

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

austinpetemo

AC Members
Sep 25, 2007
Newton Falls, OH
ok if youve read 2 dead one missing. than you know whats going on. after the 2 cardinals died and 1 went missing, i still have one left who is living perfectly fine. the marbled hatchet fish that i had bought have also been living fine. it has been about a week that ive had them. than all the sudden thismorning i find a dead hatchet on my filter. WHAT THE HECK!!! hes been eating swimming acting normal and now his dead body is on my filter. so what in gods name happened. im starting to get really angry bcuz this is now $14 worth of fish dead that i just got.

Last edited by a moderator:

nguyendetecting

"Swim along with the snorks"
Jul 31, 2008
Tallahassee, Fl
www.youtube.com
calm down buddy. First you need to see what your test tests are showing, but in the meantime I would do a water change if you haven't already and stop buying fish until you can find out whats going on in your tank. How is your tank setup??

Hurley

aka Bunny13
Oct 2, 2005
Baltimore, Maryland
www.freewebs.com
What do you mean by "on the filter" Was he out of the water. Hatchets are known for their jumping. If he was actually on your filter it is possible he jumped out and landed on your filter and was unable to get back in.

petluvr

AC Members
Jun 5, 2008
Podunk, Va.
Real Name
Larry
What do you mean by "on the filter" Was he out of the water. Hatchets are known for their jumping. If he was actually on your filter it is possible he jumped out and landed on your filter and was unable to get back in.
I think he means on the intake valve. Do you QT your fish and if so for how long? If not you probably should start.

Last edited by a moderator:

austinpetemo

AC Members
Sep 25, 2007
Newton Falls, OH
well my qt currently has fish in it. i figured out that the cardinals died from the water being to hard but i cant figure out why the stupid hatchet died ill do tests today. i just changed the water a few days ago. and yes he was on the intake.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store