help!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

MsPuff

aquaholic
May 28, 2008
Saint John, NB Canada
sick in what way? what are the params on your tank?

Hurley

aka Bunny13
Oct 2, 2005
Baltimore, Maryland
www.freewebs.com
Welcome to the board! You've come to the right place. Can you tell us a little more about what it wrong with your fish. What symptoms are they displaying. Also, what are your water parameters? ie: Ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate. If we know those we can help you better.

Kitti007

AC Members
Aug 21, 2008
I did water tests BEFORE putting in the fish and all was normal.

I have 2 black moors in a 125 ltr tank and WENDY the fantail went in there with them from a 55 ltr tank, but before that WENDY was in 180 ltr tank with 2 males but had to be moved due to 'swim bladder', but mainly because she was exhuasted from being chased.

Anway, from a 55ltr i decided that she was alot better so put her in with the moors and she was OVER THE MOON, she was happy, swimming around for 6 weeks now, then....nose to the gravel...ITS STARTED AGAIN...i just hink she cant cope in a big tank...but she is sooo poorly..not eating...TOTALLY UPSIDE DOWN...

I have taken her out and put her in a hospital tank, small i know but she can cope in there (shes been in there before) but shes GASPING FOR AIR!!

She didnt gasp before, i have put tetra salt in the water and another tetra (9) in there but she looks too far gone this time.

Shes not eating, gasping for air and swimming upside down. she looks like shes hanging on for dear life!!

Poor little girl.

CAN I JUST ADD...i do water changes EVERY day, 125ltr i take 20ltrs out so doing water changes i dont think will change things, i cant do more than what i am doing, i've even done a 50% change.

Last edited:

Hurley

aka Bunny13
Oct 2, 2005
Baltimore, Maryland
www.freewebs.com
We really need you to do water tests for all your tanks now that the fish have been in the tanks. How long has the hospital tank been set up? Has it cycled yet? Also, what temperature are you keeping your tanks at. Sorry for all the questions but these will help us figure out what is wrong. Meanwhile, try feeding her some blanched peas. Sometimes swimbladder disease is caused by a blockage in the digestion track.

Kitti007

AC Members
Aug 21, 2008
I took some water from a tank (cycled) and put it in the hospital tank, i had to act fast so no time to cycle.

I will do some more water tests now and come back with the result

Kitti007

AC Members
Aug 21, 2008
I got the hospital tank in the kitchen where it has always been as she did well before.

Blueiz

THE TypoQUEEN
Sep 5, 2005
NC
Try and keep the stress as low as possible, keep the lights turned off etc.. I personally what do what I did when it happened before and the fish got better.

Kitti007

AC Members
Aug 21, 2008
ok....Amonia....0.6
No 2....1/2......0.1-2.........(nitrite)
No 3.....1/2 10-20 .........(nitrate)
p.h. 8

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store