Someone finally laid eggs!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ciaobella7122

i love my ween!
Jul 28, 2008
Connecticut
I'm just hoping it wasn't my mystery snails again lol. Today I was doing a water change and found a nice batch of eggs in the substrate, odd placing but they don't LOOK like snail eggs... I don't know if it was my cories (didn't know they were prego) or one of my two prego honey gouramis (they still appear prego but they all hang out in a floating plant so I assumed they'd lay their eggs there!) and I just got three otos yesterday so I doubt it was them oh and all but one of my cardinal tetras appears to be male (one is slightly less colorful, is that accurate?). I moved them into an in tank mesh breeder with some java moss, in an area of good filtration. I guess I'll keep an eye on them and see who (or what) hatches lol! Wish me luck that I get something other than snails!!!

nguyendetecting

"Swim along with the snorks"
Jul 31, 2008
Tallahassee, Fl
www.youtube.com
lol good luck! corys could I guess lay eggs in gravel, but I've never heard of any doing it, they usally stick it on a smooth surface. It it was tetras it would be scattered everythere, same with cories actually. My guess would be snails

Po.Verse

AC Members
Jul 19, 2008
I think snail eggs go outta water?

GOOD LUCK!

ciaobella7122

i love my ween!
Jul 28, 2008
Connecticut
Well when I had pond snails they laid in water, these are my first mystery snails so I dont know. So far I have one DEFINITE mystery snail baby and some that look exactly like pond snails but theyre too small for me to tell yet. If they are pond snails they are going right back out to a pond because they overtook my last tank! Im not letting that happen again lol

nguyendetecting

"Swim along with the snorks"
Jul 31, 2008
Tallahassee, Fl
www.youtube.com
lol no clue where snail eggs go, but are you sure it's eggs? take a picture of them. I really have no clue what eggs would be laid in a batch in substrate.

ciaobella7122

i love my ween!
Jul 28, 2008
Connecticut
I can try to get a pic tomorrow. They are soooo small and there are only like 10 maybe. I think some surely were eaten, it's just odd to me that they weren't in the plants, they were actually BURIED under substrate (maybe 1/4 inch deep) in front of the tank right against the glass... maybe there are more elsewhere that I am missing but I certainly havent found them and I did search quite a bit. I really hope they arent snail eggs and I really hope my freakin honey gouramis lay their eggs soon, it's been well over a week and two of the three females are obviously carrying eggs and the three males are turning bright colors on a daily basis so I know they're mature enough to breed... i don't know what is taking them so long lol!

ciaobella7122

i love my ween!
Jul 28, 2008
Connecticut
Oh and they are definitely eggs, I've successfully bred other fish before this (in my old tank before I started all over)...

ciaobella7122

i love my ween!
Jul 28, 2008
Connecticut
OMG that's what those things were!!! Last week I saw some egg looking things just at the waterline... They were white with dark spots and I didnt know what in the world they were lol. So those other ones must be pond snails and they need to get their heineys out of my tank asap lol! As for the eggs I still dont know. They don't even appear to have formed bodies in them but they are definitely eggs of some sort.... Im just GUESSING cory because my bandit and my skunk have been doing mating dances for days on end :shocked:... I will be sooooooooooooo excited if this is the case. I'll keep yall updated and try for pictures :goldfish::goldfish:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store