265 Gallon FOWLR build out.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

gman2012

AC Members
Feb 27, 2008
Pasadena, MD
So after a long delay in getting the basement finished, which was started last Summer, I have finally started to get my 265 Gallon tank in place and will start getting it setup over the next few weeks... I hope to have it up and running with the fish that I have in holding tanks(1 Volitan Lion, 1 Blue Spot(Peacock) Grouper, 1 Waspfish, and 1 Dampiera Basslet/Dottyback) by the 1st weekend in October as our First child is having her 1st birthday... So I am sure we will have a bunch of people over and I would like to have the tank up and running. The nice thing is I have 2 40 Gallon breeders up and running for the last couple of months so the cycle for the tank should be pretty quick. i will try to get some pics on this weekend as the tank is pretty cool looking as it was an old MarineLand display tank from a local Petco. It is going to give me a great chance to make a bunch of caves and islands and open space for the fish to take advantage of. The tank is built into the wall and is going to look really nice once it is completed. The tank is 8 feet long, about 20 " high and about 4 feet from front to back to give you an idea of how much floor space the tank will have(pretty much a 4'X8' sheet of plywood). The Corners are cut back on an 45 degree angle so the front is not all flat(doesn't make sense now but when you see the pics you will understand). It sticks out about 15"s into the room and will have a ton of depth to the tank. I am sure I will have a couple of questions/requests on opinions as to how the filtration should be hooked up... but we will get to that later... Again I will try to get some pics on very soon.

wantvws

AC Members
Jul 15, 2007
Waynesboro, VA
WOW! :jaw:That is cool. I can't wait to see this one progress. What direction are you going with it? Is that another in wall tank in the background of one of the pics?
Robbie

gman2012

AC Members
Feb 27, 2008
Pasadena, MD
Yep that is a 6 foot 125 Gallon FW with some assorted South American chiclids and an Asian Leaf Turtle, yes i realize that does not make for a very natural scape but what can you do, and yes that is also placed into the wall as well. I will try to get some pics of that out as well in another tank thread. I also have another 4 foot 125 upstairs with a 7 inch Sailfin Tang, a purple firefish, 2 3 stripe damsels and a blue yellow tail damsel as well. and the only coral in that one is two groupings of sun corals, one yellow and the other orange(picked both up for $30 and there are more then 25 heads total....not to bad). If all goes well and it continues to spread I want to put some of them down in the big tank.

As you can see in my writeup above I am mostly going for a Predator tank with the lion, grouper, and the Dampiera basslet. I have not decided on what else but I may also put the Sailfin Tang in once everything is setup to give him a nice large tank to swim in. I kind of feel bad having him in a 4 foot tank... I am sure he would love it in the 265... may also go with an eel at some point but we will see.

wantvws

AC Members
Jul 15, 2007
Waynesboro, VA
I hope to have it up and running with the fish that I have in holding tanks(1 Volitan Lion, 1 Blue Spot(Peacock) Grouper, 1 Waspfish, and 1 Dampiera Basslet/Dottyback) by the 1st weekend in October
Oops! I'm such a doorknob. Apparently it didn't register with me even thought I read it:D
It really is a sweet set-up and I can't wait to see more pics!
Robbie

dingraha

Fish Fondler
Aug 21, 2008
South Jersey
WOW! That is absolutely beautiful! Makes my built in look like poo....:headshake2:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store