7 gallon tank!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ddtran46

AC Members
Aug 25, 2008
hi im new to this site.:perv: i want to know what you guys think about my 7 gallon tank so far. planning on getting hc this wed(fingers crossed). i have flourite as my substrate and a diy co2 tank now. all i have in there are some dwarf hairgrass. any suggestions? commments?:)

DarkDH

Famished in the form of Money
Dec 29, 2007
Ann Arbor, MI, USA
hs.facebook.com
You going to have shrimp in there too? You could put cherries or even crystal if you can afford it.

If you go the route of shrimp, I am sure all the invert fanatics can guide you. I preferably would put some moss in the tank instead of HC, but that's my choice.

What light do you have over that tank?

By the way, Welcome to AC!

phanmc

AC Members
Jun 24, 2004
Visit site
Nice little iwagumi layout you have going. I'd move the tall rock a little more towards the middle, it's the centerpiece of the tank but is too far left. Perhaps place one or two Blyxa japonica among the rocks.

ddtran46

AC Members
Aug 25, 2008
my lighting are those 27 watt hampton bay flourescent lamps?(not sure if thats the name). lets see....i think imma have 10 rummynose tetras. haha jk (or am i?).i might get some cherry shrimps(if i have money) if not then amano shrimps.

ddtran46

AC Members
Aug 25, 2008
looking good. Any plans for stem plants towards the back? or perhaps some blyxa to bring out the right side more

Any co2 setup?
Filtration only the red sea nano filter??

And welcome to AC!! :headbang2:
i took out the red sea nano filter and put in those zoomed canister filter 501. was thinking about some blyxa but cant get it at my lfs. I dont want to deal with buying plants from online.

Bk718

No Monkey Business
Nov 29, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
i took out the red sea nano filter and put in those zoomed canister filter 501. was thinking about some blyxa but cant get it at my lfs. I dont want to deal with buying plants from online.
Will you be dosing the tank??

whens that paintball reg part coming in?? Hope it comes in before wednesday because the hc can really use that co2 boost.

Why no online buying of plants??

ddtran46

AC Members
Aug 25, 2008
Will you be dosing the tank??

whens that paintball reg part coming in?? Hope it comes in before wednesday because the hc can really use that co2 boost.

Why no online buying of plants??
not sure when its comming. bought it from aquaticmagic(really.... really..... slow shipping). i orderd my co2 glass diffuser exactly 20 days ago and it hasnt even came yet. im dosing flourish excel for now until im finished getting everything for my co2 system. i have the hagen plant gro liquid fertilizer(i think) should i dose that or is excel enough?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store