undulate triggerfish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

vparker007

AC Members
Aug 12, 2008
Is there anyone here who has a undulate trigger fish mixed in with other fish besides just trigger fish. I would love to keep one in a 150 gallon with a maculosus angelfish and a dogface puffer and a passers angelfish,anyone here have any experience keeping one mixed in with other fellow tankmates.

Catpicklesdog

Hindsight is a wonderful thing!
Feb 25, 2007
Telford, UK
Real Name
Alison
I think gangstafish might be the one to help you there. I know he has triggers but I can't remember which.

I can't help, I've only got a pinktailed trigger in my reef tank. All I know about Undulates is that they're best kept in a tank on their own. But that is only from what I've read and not from experience.

DominionDesign

Just chillin', watching the fish.
Aug 5, 2008
Jacksonville, FL
I kept an Undulated with 5 other triggers in a 135 for awhile. It turned out to be a bad move. Every fish has its own personality but every Undulated I've ever had or sold has had a particularly bad personality. I took mine back to my shop and kept him by himself. He would let me pick him up by hand but anything else that went in his tank was fair game. BTW, picking up large triggers by hand is also not recommended.

Arakkis

AC Members
Apr 7, 2008
SJ Cali
Undulated triggers are just mean in general.. maybe put him with a niger trigger?

MonoSebaelover

Anableps
Apr 20, 2001
Phoenix, AZ
www.shiredalefarm.com
Undulateds will eventually turn on EVERYTHING, including other Triggers. Between the Undulateds, Queens and Titans, those are the 3 most aggressive triggers. So Undulateds will do best in a species only tank (can't have other Undulates either) and if you want to try a couple of Damsels and see how long they last, but other than that they will eventually turn on everything, often turn on ornmanents in the tank including heater cords, the glass surrounding the heater, rocks, plants, etc. They can be rather fun and rather destructive to keep :)! Best left for a species tank imo!

DominionDesign

Just chillin', watching the fish.
Aug 5, 2008
Jacksonville, FL
Undulateds will eventually turn on EVERYTHING, including other Triggers. Between the Undulateds, Queens and Titans, those are the 3 most aggressive triggers. So Undulateds will do best in a species only tank (can't have other Undulates either) and if you want to try a couple of Damsels and see how long they last, but other than that they will eventually turn on everything, often turn on ornmanents in the tank including heater cords, the glass surrounding the heater, rocks, plants, etc. They can be rather fun and rather destructive to keep :)! Best left for a species tank imo!
I've never kept a Titan before but have had both Undulateds and Queens and I couldn't agree more.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store