FS: Indian Almond Leaves / Catappa Leaves

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

meili.harrison

Love my plecos!
I have a some of these leaves available, from a good trusted source. Taken from a safe, chemical free place. Already washed clean and dried. Great quality and nice color, as you can see from the pictures. Average size is between 7 inches - 9 inches.

It is said that the humic and tannins from the Indian almond leaves lowers the pH of the water, absorbs harmful chemicals and help create a soothing and calm environment for the fish. The leaves can be used to treat bacteria infection and some people also use it to aid breeding and a good hideout for frys.

Great for plecos, discus, angelfish, most amazonian fish, and also many people use for bettas.

Each lot is for 10 of these large leaves, at $4.50 plus $1.50 1st class shipping.
Let me know if you want more than 10. Use about 1 leave per 10 gal.

DSCN3939.JPG

Amante_di_Betta

Anubias Harlet
May 21, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
Real Name
Gary
take money order?

meili.harrison

Love my plecos!
Yes, I have no problem with money order.

Someone else also asked if these leaves have been used. No, they were freshly collected, washed clean, then sun dried. There is still a tinge of fragrance to the leaves. :) I also have them in all my tanks, since I keep mainly plecos, angels and a few discus.

meili.harrison

Love my plecos!
it lowers ph? how low?
Try googling it. There are lots of talk about the benefits of indian almond leaves in the aquaria. Also, see this thread http://www.aquariacentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132234

Msjinkzd - I will try to have continued availability. It depends on whether this is worth pursuing. I only get my leaves from a trusted source, not random ebay or aquabid sellers. Currently I have 8 lots left, and I also just posted in plecofanatics to see what response I get from there.

msjinkzd

AC Members
Feb 11, 2007
PA
msjinkzd.com
Real Name
Rachel O'Leary
I would be very interested in using them if I can continue getting them, lol. pm sent

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store