new fish arrived

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

D.J.

AC Members
May 3, 2008
got my new fish today......a 6in yellow eyed tang......currently in acclimation.......and i must say this is a very GORGOUS tang.......

cant wait till its swimming around in the tank........:headbang2:

D.J.

AC Members
May 3, 2008
its doing good......very shy fish thou.....swimming around behind all the live rock.....once in awhile youl see it swim out into the open check things out and then right back behind the LR it goes......

as soon as it gets to where it comes out and stays out ill try and get some pics

Jay.B.

Puffer Lover
Aug 19, 2008
Belper, Derbyshire, UK
cool :)

got one question though, is this fish in the same tank as the one that just passed away with marine white spot? or in the display tank? or have you a separate QT set-up?

D.J.

AC Members
May 3, 2008
the fish was quarentined before i got it. my LFS does that before they let any customer ordered fish go.....

no its not in the 30g that has white spot its in the 75g display....

anyone here know how long it takes these things to quit being so shy???lol it still hiding behind the rocks and only appearing for about 30sec and then back into hiding....

OldManOfTheSea

AC Members
Mar 21, 2007
Hillsborough NC
Where I fail in understanding in how your lfs did quarantined the fish prior to you having it is. The majority of the lfs aquariums are that any number of tanks be on one system. For the most I believe they did was too housed it alone in its own tank. The other be is that you still would had put this fish in a stress situation by bagging it, in order to take home. So this method I would have to say would mean that I still would housed this fish in my QT, before ever placing into the main tank.

Perhaps this idea is of my own personal view in the matter, I do know just the same that your lfs still not doing anything that be far greater then ourselves in housing these fish in a QT as your first step. Another thing in this is, when your ready to take that fish home, it would gone through a great deal of stress all over again. The stress in this in your home QT is far less, for you would not be bagging the fish for transporting it.

Buddy

D.J.

AC Members
May 3, 2008
the guy i deal with has tanks in the back of his store for special order fish....they are kinda like the veiwin tanks but each has its own seperate filtration....he is an avid saltwater guy himself so he doesnt do like the MAJOR fish stores and just dump them into veiwing tanks....

he has about 15 or so seperate tanks in the back for this purpose....and so far any fish i have got from him has been happy and healthy...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store