Sick Clownfish ??

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

tsdpurdue

tsdpurdue
Feb 25, 2007
Indiana
I have 2 percula clownfish in my 55 gallon aquarium. I have had both of them for over 3 months. They have been doing great until earlier this week when the larger one of the two did no eat and i noticed a whitish growth in her mouth. She seems to stay in one location most of the time, but she still looks healthy and her stomach dosent apper to be caving in yet. She hasnt eatin since Monday. I was jsut wondering if anyone could give me some advice. I tried top get a pic but could not get a good one of the growth. Any advice woudl be great. All water paramaters tested out fine.

fsn77

AC Moderators
Staff member
Feb 22, 2006
SC
Can you describe the growth some? Puffy, bumpy, smooth, looks hard, looks soft / fleshy, etc...

Is it possible that it's an injury and not an infection? Could your clown have been in a fight with one of your other fish (possibly with one of the damsels) and injured its mouth?

Plantedrandall

AC Members
Mar 25, 2008
Killa Kali
Put in into a quarantine tank with R/O water preferably. I had the same problem about the same time as you did with my clown. My clown had it WAY WAY bad.. but he is doing great now. I had him in quarantine for about a month or 2 and changed the water as much as I could. Make sure there's plenty of places to hide. I tried using some medicine, but that didn't work. Freshwater dips and good clean water should do the trick and make sure its well fed with a variety of food but try not to overfeed. try to make sure the temperature dosn't change much either.

tsdpurdue

tsdpurdue
Feb 25, 2007
Indiana
It looks kinda puffy and fleshy and it is in the corner of her mouth. THe clown is in a tank with only one other clown. They have the whole tank to themselves so I doubt this it was caused by fighting.

fishboy93256

AC Members
Mar 19, 2008
i have a clown that took on a coral butiey angl and the clown was small and the angl was big and the clown won shoking ley the coral butiey angl got hhert bad a lot of scal mising

BadRoma1

AC Members
Nov 29, 2005
I would do the same thing AQcentral did. AQ tell him how long you dipped yours in fresh water

marinemad

marine mad
Apr 14, 2008
scotland
also start feeding garlic flakes to boost immune system and encourage feeding
good luck

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store