the start of the fish room

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

chefjamesscott

beware the house tiger
May 28, 2008
hi there in my basement i have a 70g african grow tank , 65g or there abouts red devil tank and my 60g with two koi an 2 convicts

i will be doing some dry wall an stuff there and as i ripped out all the carpet i noticed that when i took up the underlay there was a dust that rose up as the stuff is very old and basically not to solid

now my ? is since im gonna be remaking this whole room with paint an stuff should i shut down the three tanks cause im kinda concerned that contaminents will get into the water an kill all my fish or would tarping the tanks work to keep out dust from drywall also when i paint the walls im wondering if the paint smells will mess with water

anyone done a fish room that can give me thoughts

i can set up two more tanks upstairs but the red devil is the one that will give me a run since being a red devil he dont like anyone too bad i cant just pick the tank up and hook it to a battery the issue is not extra tanks i just dont have the extra plug space

severum mama

is a big bowl of wrong.
Dec 30, 2006
North GA
I've never had any experience with drywall, but when I painted my house I just covered the tanks with plastic drop cloth during the process and the fish were fine.

1oooop

int x; if {x>1} {std::cout
Jun 5, 2008
here, there, everywhere
game.uctrl.net
Real Name
Brandon
I suggest the same, cover it. also, when cutting drywall, use a vacuum to try and suck up all the dust

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store