How do you make fish grow fast?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

dereks

AC Members
Mar 7, 2006
How do you make fish grow fast? Right now I'm doing a lot of feedings with beefheart and a lot of water changes, any other methods besides this?

chefjamesscott

beware the house tiger
May 28, 2008
give them steroids -just kidding

personally ive never really tried to super speed my fish to grow as i think it would lead to shorter life i would rather watch them grow up and enjoy them

if you want bigger fish fast buy them that way

paperdragon

AC Members
Mar 7, 2008
I was under the impression that doing anything to speed a fish's growth would also significantly shorten its lifespan and cause a number of health problems.

Edit: didn't type fast enough I guess. :)

excuzzzeme

Stroke Survivor '05
Temperature effects the growth rate, The higher the temp the faster they reach their max size, but it shortens their life enormously it also defeats the whole purpose of having fish.

Having fish as pets is no different than having a kitten or puppy. You start them young and have the joy of watching them grow up and grow old gracefully.If you can't wait - buy older fish.

Vicious_Fish

Mar 6, 2007
The Land of the Lost
Real Name
Seth
I always thought toxic waste and radiation made stuff grow faster. Hmm....go figure.

toxic.jpg

12 Volt Man

AC Members
Feb 11, 2007
Ontario Canada
I also think it would be pretty tough to cause a fish to grow 'too fast'

if they are eating lots and you are keeping the water quality good, it means they are going to be very healthy fish (assuming proper tank size).

but try and feed them a varied diet too.

don't worry too much about causing them to grow too fast.

concentrate on normal, regular feedings and regular water changes.

the growth will come with time.

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
Lots of good food (tubiflex worms, ect), lots of water changes (daily), warmer water (80), and if all else fails-----buy bigger fish.

dereks

AC Members
Mar 7, 2006
give them steroids -just kidding

personally ive never really tried to super speed my fish to grow as i think it would lead to shorter life i would rather watch them grow up and enjoy them

if you want bigger fish fast buy them that way
I would but I don't trust they haven't been mistreated by a previous owner.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store