Mixing medicines?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mcsassy

professional fool
Jan 28, 2008
Is it ok to use both Ich-Attack and Melafix at the same time?

Amphiprion

Contain the Excitement...
Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
Both being herbal remedies, I doubt there will be too much negative interaction between them. You wouldn't want to mix too many other medications, however.

mcsassy

professional fool
Jan 28, 2008
Would it be better advised to do a cycle of one and then the other after that cycle is done? What would you do if it were your own tank? I am asking because I already gave them the first dose of ich attack but not the melafix.

Amphiprion

Contain the Excitement...
Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
If it were me, I wouldn't use those medications ;). I had given them a chance on some commercial marine systems and they did nothing but cloud the water and drop oxygen levels. That being said, they were quite successful on freshwater systems of the same size.

In any case, kidding (and personal opinions) aside, I would prefer to do one battery of treatments and then the next (of course, assessing which ailment needs to be treated first).

mcsassy

professional fool
Jan 28, 2008
Ok thanks. I'm doing the ich first because all 3 tangs have ich. Just one of them seems to have more than ich (where the melafix comes in). Thanks man! I'm relying more on strong variety filled garlic boosted feedings and keeping them fat, but putting medicine keeps my mind at ease and leads me to believe I'm doing all I can I guess you can say.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store