Dwarf gourami issue

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Clownloach458

Three years, so litte posts
Nov 23, 2001
Beckley Wva
Hi, Ive have recived 2 dwarf gouramis for my birthday. one has died sadly. But the other remains. it lives in a 55g tank, and im wondering since i got another dwarf gourami buddy for him. would it matter if they were diffrent types? cause ive purchased a red fire dwarf gourami, the other is just..dwarf gourami i guess. cant find what type. im just wondering if they will live with eachother

yashinfan

AC Members
Jun 13, 2003
well if you already have both, there's no hurt in trying to see how they will interact. If anything serious happens you could just take 'em out. I don't think there should be any major problem besides personality?

SnakeIce

AC Members
May 4, 2002
North Ga, USA
Real Name
Frederick
if the two fish in question look similar in body shape then they are probably just color strains. be sure you have stuff in the tank to break up the line of sight so the new fish you add can get established with out getting picked on to much....

keep an eye on the new fish for a bit to make sure it is getting to eat and things will probably be alright

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store