spixi eggs near hatching

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

msjinkzd

AC Members
Feb 11, 2007
PA
msjinkzd.com
Real Name
Rachel O'Leary
i just noticed this clutch in the tank tonight, thought I would share a bad pic. Spixi clutches are really cool because you can see the baby snails developing inside the eggs.

red_wall

Whoosh! feel the onomatopoeia
Jun 15, 2008
SE Georgia
Oh wow.
I thought the only variety of snail eggs were gelatinous(annoying, cant scrape them all off the glass or ever find them in the friggen plants) goo, or giant clutch at the top of the water.

Those really are cool looking eggs there :]

thebullit

smile it confuses people
Apr 29, 2007
North West, UK
very nice, still looks like a week before they will hatch. put a magnifing (sp) glass by it and you will see the lil ones moving around in there egg.

msjinkzd

AC Members
Feb 11, 2007
PA
msjinkzd.com
Real Name
Rachel O'Leary
actually a few have hatched out already, this was a clutch I somehow missed. I pull 4 or so clutches out to freeze and discard each day. This one gets a reprieve to hatch, now to find local homes for them!

lovemybarbs

AC Members
Dec 23, 2006
Midwest
Very nice!

starfishplus

AC Members
Feb 28, 2005
in N.C
hi hope u are doing good.i saw some egg clutches on ebay last night. and at the bottom there is a post saying that ebay will let u ship egg clutches as long as its in the usa....hope this is true then u could sell me some of those u have been discarding ...karen

Hollygirl

Overfilter and Understock
Sep 3, 2007
Chicago, Illinois
Will your local LFS take them? I've never seen any for sale here in Chicago.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store