I hate doctors I tells ya. Hate 'em!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

excuzzzeme

Stroke Survivor '05
Spent 40 min on the road to get to the VA Hosp for an appointment.Took a seat and said they would be bringing me in shortly. After an hour and 45 minutes of being told "only 10 more minutes", they finally shuffled me in to have an ultrasound done. I told them that had I known I would have just rescheduled for a better time. They then informed me that the doctor won't see me on Friday without the ultrasound first. HUH??? I have to come back??? Turns out that I have to go to the vascular clinic on Friday now but they won't see me without a new ultrasound. The right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing anymore. And all of this is for a follow-up to the surgery I had in January! Since I have managed to get through the last 8 months OK why is it a big deal now? I already know the arteries in my head are falling apart, are they just trying to hasten it? Left the house at 1130 and got home at 4:35, what speedy service for a 15 minute test!

Government medical care at it's finest! Grrrrr!

paperdragon

AC Members
Mar 7, 2008
For a VA hospital that's top-notch medical care. ;)

My brother-in-law had quite a bit of trouble with VA hospitals, one prescribed a pile of fairly dangerous medications for his chronic migraines that started causing severe rebound headaches. He finally just got decent insurance and went to a general practitioner.

Bllib

AC Members
Aug 18, 2008
I have herd horror stories when it comes to military hospitals. When I was in college I had a strange rash on my leg and I had 4 doctors standing around me trying to figure out what was wrong with my leg:headbang2: Patience I know the wait is long but it is for your health. Who knows you might get lucky and they might be able to heal you:grinyes:

SubluxT7

Biology Major
Jul 29, 2006
Virginia Beach, VA
Real Name
Sandra
My hubby goes to the VA hospital yearly for High Blood Pressure (so he can basically keep getting his disability check). Those places are seriously ridiculous. For 7 years, they told him he had "jock itch." After threatening to divorce him due to lack of sleep from continual scratching at night he finally went to a private GP who said it was not fungal at all, it was eczema. Doc gave him a scrip for elidel and 2 weeks later he was cleared up.

I honestly don't think they really care at those places. Just a way for them to get money from the govt. and provide **** poor care. After my first trip there with him and having to wait around for 3 hours for a "scheduled" appointment I told him I would never go again.

Good luck, but I would suggest (if you can afford it or have private insurance) a private physician (GP) outside the VA hospital. I just don't trust those people.

SubluxT7

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store