Pure genius or pure stupidity?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

kreblak

FDA approval pending
Mar 13, 2003
Anybody know a good garbage disposal model that can be plugged into an outlet and easily modified? I am tinkering with the idea of connecting a big impeller to a disposal motor in place of the macerator. Since the disposal already has plumbing fixtures, I figure it is a natural choice. Essentially, I want to be able to have a big pump that moves a LOT of water at the flick of a switch.

Overkill?

kreblak

FDA approval pending
Mar 13, 2003
Yeah, it would, wouldn't it? I just got struck with the inspiration to make something out of the disposal.

kreblak

FDA approval pending
Mar 13, 2003
R.O.U.S.'s?!? Personally I don't believe they exist...

kreblak

FDA approval pending
Mar 13, 2003
I was going to pump water from a mixing tank into a holding tank, and it has to go up one story. I have an extra disposal, which is how I got the idea. I'll probably just get a 1 HP pump to do it.

mogurnda

vaguely present
Apr 29, 2003
DC
Visit site
Seems like it might be useful for a high-volume transfer, but you would probably have to put way too much work into it to build enough pressure to go upstairs.

If you ever have a tank with a huge population of filter feeders, maybe you could use it to convert seafood into imitation zooplankton.

kreblak

FDA approval pending
Mar 13, 2003
LOL! Just keep the macerator in and use it to liquefy shrimp and such until the filter feeders can use it, huh? Not a bad idea. :D I'll call it "marine snow"

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store