favorite tang

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Cheech

Global Moderator
Jan 13, 2000
Montreal, Canada
I'm looking for an addition to my tank. I'll be getting a sort of tang, but I'm not sure what I want yet ..

What is your favorite tang?

I was looking around, and some nice ones I found include:

Hippo Tangs, (the only thing is that they are too common)
Achilles tang,
Naso Tang...

Acutally, is there any other really nice looking fish I can add to my 90 G reef? What are your favorites?

The only guy in there right now is a 7" Unicorn Tang...

thank you.. :)

kreblak

FDA approval pending
Mar 13, 2003
I know they are really common, but I love Hippo Tangs. Especially larger ones. In a 90 gallon you have lots of room, so you can get pretty much whatever you want. I also really like Achilles and Powder Blue tangs.

SamsonNY

AC Members
Dec 5, 2002
hometown.aol.com
I'm with Kreblak on this one. I know they're very common (especially after "Finding Nemo") but, mine is just beautiful and nuts (in a good way). Very, very active fish. Very vibrant coloration. And, occassionally, goes nuts and acts too weird to even describe. :D

kreblak

FDA approval pending
Mar 13, 2003
Good choice. ;) If my tank were big enough I would get one.

ecr111

AC Members
Jun 18, 2003
Visit site
I had a sailfin in a 55. He got about 6 in and would try to whack me with his tang whenever I put my hand in the tank.

I have a 5 in Sohal in a 120 now. Cool fish, gets along with my other fish but sometimes gets weird. Fighting and showing to itself in the glass and other times putting on a burst of speed so fast it's like he teleported to the other side.

MonoSebaelover

Anableps
Apr 20, 2001
Phoenix, AZ
www.shiredalefarm.com
I would have to say that my all time favorite tang is the Clown tang Acanturus lineatus. Their color is unbeatable IMO. They are also extremely hard to keep in captivity. My favorite of the captive tangs would have to be the Achillles (I recently got one and he is amazing). I currently only have 3 Tangs, a Blue Hippo, Achilles, and Yellow) and by far and away my fav is the Achilles, I love the Acanthurus genus more than any of the others. Anyway, just my opinion, and Cheech, did you get a PBT? They are also awesome fish. I was going to get one but ran into my Achilles so decided on him. Anyway, hope this helps.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store