I need your help. This thread will be amazing!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

AnDr3w

AC Members
Apr 29, 2007
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida.
As some of you may know, I will be ordering ten 3-4" Flash Plecos. I will be widdling the group down by selling some males, and putting a "potentional pair" in my 29g by themselves. They will be going into a 75g tank. (Not with the inhabitants in there now) So any ways, I have driftwood and river rocks in there. I will be adding some larger boulders in there too.

The plecos have been in a quarantine tank for 2 months at the place I'm ordering from. They are F0 from Peru.

So here's the thing. I want this tank to look EXACTLY or as close to their natrual habitat as possible. How can I do this? Would a Geophagus Brasiliensis be ok in the tank and go with the biotype? And what about Rotkeil Severums? Thanks.

Here is some extras:

Filtration: Eheim 2028, Penguin 350, DIY denitrator.

Thanks again.http://www.plecofanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63204

AnDr3w

AC Members
Apr 29, 2007
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida.
I've read that page a million times. lol. Not too much info. The best information is in the breeding article of this species.

faun

AC Members
Feb 25, 2008
Norwich, England
Sounds very cool i have also just ordered 8 flash plecos to go with my lonely one they will be going into their own tank as a breeding project luckily for me mine have been tank breed in germany so i dont have to worry about trying to keep things as close to the wild environment as you do but it will be interesting to have someone else doing something similar. I have ordered 6 females and 2 males so with my original one i will have a 2-1 ratio which is optimum for breeding i will look forward to hear how things go for you and swopping tips and knowledge.

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
They get a little testy when they get bigger. A group may fight, so make sure they have lots of "tank".

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store