What is wrong with my angel?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

JasonR

Spy sappin' mah sentry.
Jan 19, 2008
This is strange, I picked this guy up a few weeks ago. For the first week he was eager to explore, eating well and acting normal. Lately he has been floating in the same part of the tank acting like he has no energy and has no interest in food.

I did a 50% water change today and he is still the same. Readings are 0,0,10 after the change.

I have one other adult angel in the tank, there is minor chasing but he has no physical damage and from observing he doesn't seem to bully him.

I have no clue what to treat him with or where to even start.

a44fdd615fc5f317ad030086299c770770178e32.jpg

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
i wouldnt treat him for anything its possible he is still stressed in his new environment, just keep an eye on the other angel even a little bit of aggression could kill him in his stressed situation.. the older angel may be punking him and your not seeing it happen..

DrNo

Overworked Member...
Jul 9, 2008
I agree with pitt.... at this point and in the absence of of any other physical signs, treating with something doesn't make much sense. Watch him closely, maintain very clean water (accelerate your change schedule if necessary) and watch him closely for any worrisome signs or new physical conditions. He may simply need more time to acclimate.

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
IME qt all new fish especially angels.

Angels are known carriers and host to Capillaria and Cammalanus.

IME
all angels in qt get treated with levamisole Hcl and Qt is at minimum 4 weeks
treat 24-48 hrs repeat treatment in 2-3 weeks.

that is a nice looking angel.
possible it is trying to avoid being seen if the other angels is aggressive it may be laying low to avoid confrontation particularly if it is smaller then the bully.
it is not normal for angels to not be interested in food. they usually have voracious appetites and usually beg constantly for food.

JasonR

Spy sappin' mah sentry.
Jan 19, 2008
Update: this morning I woke up and he was stuck to the filter but still alive. I put him in my 10 gallon QT and he died a few hours later :(

I didnt have the QT cycled at the time, so he went directly into my main tank.

JasonR

Spy sappin' mah sentry.
Jan 19, 2008
I suspect my adult angel stressed him too much. Although I never witnessed any of it, just a hunch.

Hes had free reign of the tank for about 6 months since I set it up and is about 2 years old.

I feel really bad, but I wont be buying any more baby angels for this tank.

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
yeah if he is full grown its going to be rough in that issue of adding new angels heres an ideal though if you say you got a quarantine tank i would put him in that and add some more angels of greater size than the juvies, may cost a bit more though and after they are settled in return him to the tank so that everyone will have a fresh start, just my opinion aye..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store