What food would be best?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

$eaba$$

AC Members
Sep 25, 2006
Hi,

In my 20 gallon I have a six-line wrasse and 2 blue/green chromis right now. I was just wondering what would be the best food for these guys? Right now, I am just feeding them a combination of brine shrimp, and a bit of blood worms left over from my freshwater tank. Will these guys most likely accept any type of flake food, and if so, which kind would you suggest?

Thanks!

brackeeper75

Slave To The Fishes!
Feb 23, 2008
Kissimmee, Florida
www.scotts-place.com
Brine Shrimp generally has no real nutritional value. Try a variety of things. Flake, frozen cubes, myisis, brine on occasion, are always good. You can also chop up frozen non-cooked stuff from the fish market... squid shrimp clams oyster and what not. Make sure you rinse any frozen foods. That stuff that they are packed in does a really good job at raising your nitrates very fast.

mcsassy

professional fool
Jan 28, 2008
Ya. Make your own food. They sell seafood medleys at some places and if you get a quarter pound of that and throw it in the food processor it should make a good sized zip lock bag...throw is some garlic too if you'd like. All the fish go nuts for it.

skippy2

AC Members
Mar 14, 2004
holland, mi
Visit site
Like already said, there is no nutrition in brine shrimp. Bloodworms also aren't any good for sw. fish.
If you do make up the seafood medly (which is a very good idea) add some garlic extreme and some selcon to it.

$eaba$$

AC Members
Sep 25, 2006
Honestly, I don't think I'm going to make a sea-food medley, just to let you know. IMO it would be a bit overkill for my tank, as I only have 3 beginner saltwater fish. But, in addition to brine shrimp, what could I feed my fish that would be more nutritionally valuable, in addition to the brine shrimp, such as flakes, or other frozen foods? Oh, and this seems an obvious question, but I'm not 100% sure, but will feeding the fish several times daily instead of feeding maybe once daily help the fish to grow faster?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
Mine get a staple diet of Ocean Nutrition 'Prime Reef' and 'Formula 2' flakes, Cyclop-Eeze flakes, Tetra Micro Crabs (Cyclop-Eeze granules) and occasionally get frozen blood-worms (Lawnmower Blenny goes nuts over it), brine shrimp, ocean plankton and krill.

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
Rod's Food anyone?

Ingredients: Shrimp, Scallop, Oyster, Clam, Squid, Octopus, Brine, Krill, Mysis, Grouper (or perch), Red Nori, green Nori, Broccoli, carrot, Frozen red plankton, Golden pearl (7 sizes), DTs Oyster eggs, Selco, Fresh hatched brine, Freshly harvested rotifers.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store