Garra annandalei/Annandale Garra

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Rudmin

Panda Corydoras Ahoy!
Aug 24, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA USA

I'm trying to find some information on this little guy, I know his name but I can't seem to find any websites with a decent amount of general information. What little tidbits I've found are that they can grow to up to 23 cm(9 inches) which means he'll have to be sold, but I want to know if he would be okay around my other fish in the tank. He's been showing some aggression to my cories, I'd just like to know a little more about him.

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
also likes rivers?

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
He's very good looking, sorry he's not fitting in your tanks well. One of my "SAEs" turned into a garra cambodiensis I think. German & Dutch websites often have more info on these. G. flavrata are smaller "river tank" fish that like company.

Are you sure he's getting enough to eat? That'll make anyone crabby.

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
In the river he goes.
What do you mean by this?

Most garras are rather solitary while others are sociable such as Garra flavatra. Can't hurt to provide a tank for it by itself.

Rudmin

Panda Corydoras Ahoy!
Aug 24, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA USA
lupin said:
What do you mean by this?
He goes in the river. Just a different way of saying that. Not like I'm going to flush him or anything. I'm looking at getting a 30 gallon tank tomorrow, is that big enough for a 9 inch fish and a few friends?

fishorama said:
Are you sure he's getting enough to eat? That'll make anyone crabby.
He does get enough to eat, he bullies the chubby little corys out of the way. But they get enough too, he just seems to not be as happy with his new tankmates, probably a territory thing, seeing as the corys are bottom feeders too.

Great stuff so far guys, he's compatible with pretty much anything I take it?

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
I'm not too sure it is quite a common occurrence to see a garra grow to 8 inches and beyond. Usually, in captivity, they are smaller. I'd consider it 6-7 inches rather which is a close call. A 30g should suffice. Keep danios and harlequin rasboras in that tank. If it is rather solitary, don't consider other bottom dwellers.

Rudmin

Panda Corydoras Ahoy!
Aug 24, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA USA
I'm not too sure it is quite a common occurrence to see a garra grow to 8 inches and beyond. Usually, in captivity, they are smaller. I'd consider it 6-7 inches rather which is a close call. A 30g should suffice. Keep danios and harlequin rasboras in that tank. If it is rather solitary, don't consider other bottom dwellers.
That's good to hear, I was somewhat skeptical as the previous owner had him for almost a year. Thanks a lot Lupin, you're full of knowledge.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store