10g Planted

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
Well, it seems a lot of members here have planted 10g tanks and posted pics here in the plant forum. I have a thread already in the picture forum but thought I'd post here in this section, as well. :)

Tank specifics:
Flourite substrate, 36W PC lighting, DIY CO2, CSM+B, Seachem Flourish and Excel.

Plants:
Bacopa Carolina
Hydrocotyle leucocephala
Crypts (Lutea, Spiralis, Wendtii, Parva)
Sagittaria Subulata
Anubias Nana Petite
Nymphaea Stellata? (Dwarf Lily)
Java Fern and Java Moss (scattered around on driftwood)

Native Fish:
Fundulus Chrysotus (Golden Topminnows/ Killies)
Enneacanthus Gloriosus (Blue Spotted Sunfish) 'not 100% certain on species ID.'

100_3812.jpg

100_3812.jpg

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Wow, thats a nice tank :thumbsup:, Slappy! I'd love to see pics of the fish too, I forget to look at the pic forum, probably because I don't have a camera :eek:

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
Wow, thats a nice tank :thumbsup:, Slappy! I'd love to see pics of the fish too, I forget to look at the pic forum, probably because I don't have a camera :eek:
You can see the fish on the right side of the tank. I usually can't get close-up without freaking out the fish. ;)

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
That's a nice looking tank.

Is that wood real? If so, what's hat mossy stuff growing on it? That doesn't look like any java moss I've seen. I want some of that.
Yes, the wood is real...lol. The mossy stuff you probably see is algae. The java moss is mostly gone since I scrubbed the wood the other day, but some is still there...as is a sprig of Java Fern.

Thanks for all the replies.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store