Silver-Tipped Tetra or White Tetra?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Morkusmaximus

Hobbyist
Jul 21, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
So I have been having some problems with a Silver Tipped Tetra my Girlfriend bought me about a year ago. He has been ficously bullying my female guppy :(. It was suggested by members of this forum to get him some buddies because he was a schooling fish and probably just lonely. At first, I didn't even know what type of fish he was, but thanks to this forum ( :-D ) I found that out. So heres the problem. I went to a local pet store today, bought what they called Silver Tipped Tetras, and they are much bigger and have a different color pattern on them...... I have pictures of the two different types. I tried to tell the guy that they looked nothing alike, but he said mine probably hadn't matured..... Also, I added them to the tank and the bullying continued.

Here is my old fish:
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj160/morkusmaximus/Dub2-1.jpg

And here are what the pet store sold me....:

Are those really silver Tipped Tetras??? Is My old one a silver Tipped? Is he just "unmattured" like the guy said??? What should I do to stop the intense bullying? Thanks guys, your always a great help!!!!

PS sorry about the spelling errors, I am in a real big hurry!

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
The top pic is a silver tipped tetra, the bottom ones are pristella tetras.

I had 8 silver tips & they were surprisingly aggressive with each other & cherry barbs.

Hooked Newbie

Today will be yesterday tomorrow
May 25, 2007
Georgia
Real Name
Len
Anything with almost similar patterns however can, Jm, in which case I am referring to cardinals and neons.
Or different species of "Rummies".

Morkusmaximus

Hobbyist
Jul 21, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Thank you guys. I think I am just gonna return this Silver Tipped with the four pristellas. He has been nothing but trouble and I can't find anyone who has some more that are actually silver tips. Beside the store wrote that I bought 5, but I only got 4, and they sold me the wrong fish in the first place.....

Thanks Again!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store