Old Aquaria Central Site

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

goser

Registered Member
Sep 14, 2008
Hey all,

Just registered, this looks like a great site. I'm restarting my 30g tank after about a five year hiatus from the hobby, and I'm wondering what happened to the former aquariacentral.com site. I recall it having a fantastic encyclopedia of fish, but I can't find it on this new site. Is is still here somewhere or has it been lost to the interweb?

Also, the whole reason I was looking for the site is because I have access to both hard and soft water for my new aquarium, which is something I've never really had to worry about before. I figure soft water would keep the tank cleaner of scale, but are there fish tolerant of soft water?

Cheers,
L.

J double R

The Devil
Jan 13, 2007
Louisiana
Real Name
Jon
The fish profiles are being worked on and will be available for viewing before you know it. ;)

as for softwater fish.. most all of the fish from south/central america and the amazon region are predominantly accustomed to softer water with a low pH.

msjinkzd

AC Members
Feb 11, 2007
PA
msjinkzd.com
Real Name
Rachel O'Leary
Welcome back to AC! Most fish we keep can adapt to our source water with careful acclimation. What in particular are you interested in keeping?

KarlTh

AC Members
Feb 15, 2008
Mind you, if the soft water comes from a domestic softener it's worse for softwater fish than the hard water would be - pumped full of sodium.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
That content is still here.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store