Powder Blue Tang not eating!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

benmann71

AC Members
Jun 23, 2008
I bought him a week a good now and he has not eaten yet. and i am getting worried that he will starve to death. what should i do? i feed all the fish Ocean Nutrition prime reef flakes 3 times a day and i put a piece of seaweed in on a clip in the tank once a day. :help:

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
Is he picking around at the rocks at all? If not, then he probably is very sick. Can you post a pic of him?

mcsassy

professional fool
Jan 28, 2008
Try some frozen food...I have never even heard of flakes for marine...I give my betta flakes some times but that's about it. They have a frozen cube called formula 2 by ocean nutrition...you can try that.

Arakkis

AC Members
Apr 7, 2008
SJ Cali
is he being stressed bay any other fish? Lawnmower blennies. Other tangs?

schigara

AC Members
Jan 2, 2005
Memphis, Tn
www.geocities.com
What is the size of the tank, how long has the tank been up and what is your experience level?

This is one of the more difficult fish to keep.

MonoSebaelover

Anableps
Apr 20, 2001
Phoenix, AZ
www.shiredalefarm.com
Powder Blue's have a pretty notorious track record of being very difficult to keep. The keys are getting good healthy specimens that are eating in store, having an extremely well established tank (1yr plus), and keep them as stress free as possible to avoid Marine White Spot, aka Ich. Usually once they have stopped eating/are not eating it is VERY difficult to stop their demise. Does the PB have ich (white spots all over its body including fins)? I would feed the frozen Formula Two (and One), and different dried veggies until you find something it likes. But if it is not even grazing on the live rock, its odds are not good :(. Sorry, hope this helps!

marinemad

marine mad
Apr 14, 2008
scotland
try buying some garlic flakes if you cant get them then soak your flakes in the juice from a crushed garlic clove this has always gotten fish with me to eat in past!
good luck

marinemad

marine mad
Apr 14, 2008
scotland
try buying some garlic flakes if you cant get them then soak your flakes in the juice from a crushed garlic clove this has always gotten fish with me to eat in past!
good luck

schigara

AC Members
Jan 2, 2005
Memphis, Tn
www.geocities.com
I'd say take him back but, if you are persistent, try frozen mysis and leave the powerheads on while feeding. Soak the mysis in garlic if you really want to.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store