Question....

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Sum-X

La Dee Da Dee Do
Sep 15, 2001
Newark, Ohio
www.designerscrypt.com
Real Name
Aaron
I've seen these 40 longs at Meijers and was wondering, could I make a Brakish tank with Archers and Monos in it? Just a thought. ;)

goldfish freak

AC Members
Oct 16, 2001
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
You can keep these fish in the size tank you mentioned while still young and small. They will need a much larger tank as they grow out to adult size. Those fish grow fairly large.

tyler

safety...
Nov 28, 2002
Fargo, ND
www.angelfire.com
Most species, individuals to a maximum length of about six inches,
from the aforementioned website.

it also mentioned the two most common in the trade get the largest.

if you wan to make a 40 long brackish, i'd go with puffers and bumblebee gobies. or maybe a dragon goby (anybody have any input on these?)

Shikkapow

Confused Member
Dec 12, 2002
Virginia Beach, Va
Visit site
are you talking about these: Gobioides broussonetti
dragon eel/violet goby?
they are monsters and get to be about 12 inches long, they aren't predators, just huge

I have a trio of archers in my tank and they are are about 9 months old and average 4.5"

Sharyl C

Mola and Me
Shikkapow - I was just curious about the age of your archers...are they captive bred? if not how did you find out how old they are?

Also I have been out collecting wild violet gobies and have found some as large as 16-18". They are pretty cool fish regardless of size, but are sometimes difficult for beginners to keep.

Check out www.fishbase.org for info on fish species their habitats, and diets. researching how the fish live in the wild the best way to learn how to keep them in an aquarium.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store