Tank updates, invert pics, and a start to the new 75g- LOTS of pics

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

msjinkzd

AC Members
Feb 11, 2007
PA
msjinkzd.com
Real Name
Rachel O'Leary
I realized its been quite awhile since I posted any tank pics or invert updates, so here goes! my aquascaping style is opportunistic, I find room for whatever I have or get in on trade, lol. I also still have a blue gravel tank, which I happen to like. I also started my 75g, not sure exactly what I am going to do with it, but it has some plants in it for now. I still have to update pics of several of my tanks, hope to add to this thread with those in teh upcoming week. So to start, the blue gravel tank:
36g corner bow with sterbai cory, cherry barbs, cardinal and neon tetras, cherry shrimp, an apple snail, and assassin snails:

Assassin snail hanging out with a cherry shrimp:

10g cpd/pygmy cory tank, also some stray cherry shrimp I haven't been able to catch yet (pulled about 400 out this tank):

rack of invert tanks, from left to right top row: yellow, blue/black, snowball. Bottom row, dark green, empty, 20long qt tank housing sanshoku swordtails and more sterbai cories:

yellow:

blue black second generation, get a wide range of colored offspring from red to blue to striped:

snowballs:

dark greens:

bumble bee spikey snails:

green spikey:

zebra nerite (note my beautiful hair algae :grinyes:)

30g crystal red tank:

30g tiger and blue pearl tank:

The start to the new 75g, very cloudy because I was too lazy to rinse all that substrate:

and a nice shot of my daughters watching the sunset:

bluerat

im a girl ... not a dude
Oct 7, 2006
hampshire, uk
wow jinks i love it all, nippers are sweet too

msjinkzd

AC Members
Feb 11, 2007
PA
msjinkzd.com
Real Name
Rachel O'Leary
I haven't kept amanos simply because they are not carried locally and not many hobbyists breed them. I doubt I will be purchasing sulawesi shrimp/snails until the collection methods are improved or they are available from hobbyist's tanks. Plus, with about 16 tanks running now, I am out of electrical outlets! I have to run an additional breaker box before I can add anymore tanks.

DeeSeven

AC Members
Feb 4, 2007
CT
nice tanks hawk lady! when are your daughters going to rock the hawks?

Hollygirl

Overfilter and Understock
Sep 3, 2007
Chicago, Illinois
First of all your daughters are beautiful! What a nice shot.

The tanks are great. I especially like the 30 gallon. After seeing those Nerites they are the next on my "must have" list. LOL!

Do you do CO2 for your plants? Flourish Excel? I dose with Flourish Excel but I would love for my plants to be in better shape.

Keep us posted with more pics on the new 75!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store