Snails for small clowns?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

DodgeIntrepidV6

AC Members
Oct 26, 2002
New Haven, CT
www.cardomain.com
I have 4 clown loaches about 2 inches long I'd say. They're doing good now, but I head peopel talking about how they love snails? What kind of snails do they eat, and are mine to small to eat them now? When you say eat the snails do you mean the shell also??

karfixer

AC Members
Dec 3, 2002
So. Cal
Visit site
My Clowns will eat snails, but they prefer regular food. I don't think they eat the shells-just the soft bits. I havent tried to ID the little buggers, they came with some plants I got @ a large chain store and countless generations have plagued me since :mad:

Elmo

AC Members
Dec 8, 2001
London, Ontario
When Clowns eat snails, they do not eat the shell. I don't think they have any prefenences in what kind of snails they will eat, and no, yours aren't to small to eat snails.

DodgeIntrepidV6

AC Members
Oct 26, 2002
New Haven, CT
www.cardomain.com
I'll try getting some. The only snails around here I remember are apple "something" snail and mystery snails. Are these dopes going to overpopulate if the loaches don't eat them??

clayt101

Registered Abuser
Yes, they love to eat small snails, they are the little ones that come with plants from the stores. They also eat Malasian Trumpet Snails, these stay small, but are not as much of a nusience (sp??) as the other small pond snails.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store