flash pleco

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

diavids

AC Members
Jan 14, 2008
Victoria, Canada
I saw a Flash Pleco (L-204) at my LFS and I think i'm going to get it. Its a very pretty pleco and since I found it doesn't get too large (5 in) i'm sure it will be fine in one of my tanks. Big question, which one? I have a 90 gal (56inch long) planted with driftwood. I'm not too concerned about the mid and upper fish but I do have a lot of other catfish (in both tanks) this one has 1 clown pleco, whiptail cat, cory's, Raphael cat, upsidedown cat (3) 1 featherfin syno, 1 BN pleco. my 40 gal (also planted and lots of driftwood) has in bottom dwellers, cory's, 4 misc syno type cats, 1 BN pleco, bulldog pleco, hillstream loach. killi loaches, 2 odo. I'm sure I'm going to eventually have to upgrade the 40 as the syno's grow but so far everyone is fine. If both of these tank woudn't be suitable I do have a 20gal that houses my keyhole cichlids and 4 cory's just have to get some driftwood, but I'm sure the tank is too small for a pleco. Last note I have a 29 hex, but I just added a pleco that was my son's GF's suckerfish (i think its a common but its not very large and she said she had it for a year, in a too small tank) also in that tank is a bulldog pleco and 1 hillstream loach. i saw some problems between the gf's pleco and the loach already so I don't think this tank would be a good idea. Anyway thanks for listening, what do you think? dianne

faun

AC Members
Feb 25, 2008
Norwich, England
I have a flash pleco in my 20g tank with 7 panda cories, 4 neons and a zebra nerite snail so far there have been no problems. So long as you keep up regular water changes and make sure you have plenty of filtration it should be fine to put him in a 20g. If you upgrade in the future i'm sure he would be very happy but as they aren't a very active fish so long as you pop in some driftwood i see no reason he can't live a very happy life in the 20g.

Reddog80p

Permanently Dechlor'd
Nov 18, 2006
I saw a Flash Pleco (L-204) at my LFS and I think i'm going to get it. Its a very pretty pleco and since I found it doesn't get too large (5 in) i'm sure it will be fine in one of my tanks. Big question, which one? I have a 90 gal (56inch long) planted with driftwood. I'm not too concerned about the mid and upper fish but I do have a lot of other catfish (in both tanks) this one has 1 clown pleco, whiptail cat, cory's, Raphael cat, upsidedown cat (3) 1 featherfin syno, 1 BN pleco. my 40 gal (also planted and lots of driftwood) has in bottom dwellers, cory's, 4 misc syno type cats, 1 BN pleco, bulldog pleco, hillstream loach. killi loaches, 2 odo. I'm sure I'm going to eventually have to upgrade the 40 as the syno's grow but so far everyone is fine. If both of these tank woudn't be suitable I do have a 20gal that houses my keyhole cichlids and 4 cory's just have to get some driftwood, but I'm sure the tank is too small for a pleco. Last note I have a 29 hex, but I just added a pleco that was my son's GF's suckerfish (i think its a common but its not very large and she said she had it for a year, in a too small tank) also in that tank is a bulldog pleco and 1 hillstream loach. i saw some problems between the gf's pleco and the loach already so I don't think this tank would be a good idea. Anyway thanks for listening, what do you think? dianne
Very Nice, I see Lupin isn't the only bottom dwelling lover on AC :grinyes: Cool!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store