Black and white clown fish help!!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

SuBXeRo

TaNkAsAuRaUs REX
Jul 22, 2008
NJ and AZ
I think that black and white clownfish are some kool lil fish and i wanna do a 16 gal tank with them. I have never done sw and want to start small and id be happy with just 16 gallons. i could make a nice tank like that but i dont know if it would be ample enough room for the clowns.

ideas? i was think of doing FOWLR because its such a small tank, doing live rock wouldnt be too much of a hassel. But then again, i would pprobably wanna add some corals and anneomes in the future

TropicalNorth

Bligh..The Demander Of Attention..
Jun 9, 2006
North Queensland, Australia
I have a pair of Black and White Ocellaris in a 20g, great little characters and super friendly. A 16g would be fine for a pair. FOWLR would suit a pair of clowns fine, they don't need corals or anemones to be perfectly happy.

A good place to start for info on setting up a marine tank would be to read the sticky's at the top of the marine newbie forum.

fsn77

AC Moderators
Staff member
Feb 22, 2006
SC
A 16g might be fine to start out with if they are smaller, but our pair of black and white clowns claim more than half the tank as their own in our 90g tank, so I would suggest planning on a larger tank down the road. If you are seriously considering an anemone, it's generally suggested to have a tank that's a minimum of 30g, which is for smaller species. Larger species of anemones would require a much larger tank.

marinemad

marine mad
Apr 14, 2008
scotland
i got three black n white clowns and they get quite big and hard to get a pair if i was you i would look at bit bigger tank, you wouldnt wanna have to trade them in few years!

SuBXeRo

TaNkAsAuRaUs REX
Jul 22, 2008
NJ and AZ
hmmmm, well thats good to hear, i guess if i were to do it, id probably get a current-usa aquapod and get the 24 gal version i suppose, being an all inclusive system i can put it anywhere which would be good, i want something in my room.

Discus4meOC

AC Members
Sep 22, 2008
The 16 gallon tank will be sufficient for them for a year or so, if you want room to grow you should get a 25 gallon, most of the equipment you will need for the 16 will also work for a 25. There is a good breeder for them his name is Morgan and he owns........owns http://www.bluewateraquaculture.com/Bluewater_Aquaculture/Blog/Blog.html and he will answer any questions you may have on them! If you are local to OC I can help you out on setting it up!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store