Please, help! Is my Albino Cory sick?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

kalabreeze

AC Members
Sep 11, 2008
USA
We have 3 albino corys, one of them started hanging out at the top of the surface and blowing bubbles, just like Betta bubble nest. He was doing it on and off for about a week, but today I noticed that he is staying at the surface all day, also his skin turned very pale white. :huh:There is nothing on the skin, it is just luminous white, even his eyes are not as red as they used to be. My 2 other albino cories are pinkish, ivory color. He still has good appetite, and rushes down when I drop some pellets. What is wrong? Two other cories, dwarf gourami tetra, shrimp and snails are doing great.
Thank you in advance.

pinkertd

May 29, 2007
New Jersey
Real Name
Debbi
Gosh, this is a hard one! How old would you guess them to be? What are your water parameters? Does he have trouble staying down for a swim? Swimming normally? Does he seem to have trouble breathing properly down at the bottom of the tank vs. top of the tank?

nguyendetecting

"Swim along with the snorks"
Jul 31, 2008
Tallahassee, Fl
www.youtube.com
deng that sounds bad. do you have a tank you can seperate him into? Maybe a tank with a shallow water level. At least that way he won't wear himself out and starve to death. Have you tested your water? Hopefully he pulls through. Is he eating at all? Maybe swim bladder problem?

kalabreeze

AC Members
Sep 11, 2008
USA
Hi, thanks for your replies. Today he has a white fuzzy spot on his tailfin. I should take him out of the tank, right? I just have 1 gal bowl, it is OK?

Water parameters are:

Ammonia-0
Nitrite-0
Nitrate-20
PH-7.2
KH-120
GH-25

SubluxT7

Biology Major
Jul 29, 2006
Virginia Beach, VA
Real Name
Sandra
white fuzzy spot sounds like ich. You need to QT him but if all you have is a 1g bowl I wouldn't do it. Try to pick up at least a small 5g tank somewhere for QT. Good luck.

kalabreeze

AC Members
Sep 11, 2008
USA
Thanks, I will get 5 gal tank today. What medicine do I use, and how about other fish in the aquarium? Will they get sick? I noticed that 2 other cories are acting strange. They swim and suddenly move like if they wanted to shake somehting off. There is no spots on their bodies. I also have dwarf gourami and tetra in the aquarium. It is Eclipse system 12.

DominionDesign

Just chillin', watching the fish.
Aug 5, 2008
Jacksonville, FL
Its not ich, that would be small white spots, like grains of salt. It sounds like a fungus, I would recommend Pimafix.

laurenrocksth

AC Members
Jun 24, 2008
Milford, NH
I would also recommend pimafix. It works really well on fungus and is supposedly plant based. I have had good luck with it in the past. Good luck!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store