legality of shipping snails

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

paperdragon

AC Members
Mar 7, 2008
Is there a list of which snails are legal to ship across state lines and which aren't, and which require permits and such? I'm sure I'm not the only one that wants to know.

Edit: yay for un-editable subject line typos!

vampie

AC Members
Oct 25, 2006
New York, NY
With all the commonly traded snails, all Apple Snails are illegal to transport across state lines, with the exception of Pomacea bridgesii, which requires a permit.

DAVIDFBT

Extinct? Since when?
Feb 3, 2008
Great Lakes, Illinois
Real Name
Definitely not David
Check the classifieds stickies. Actually, you can change thet title line of a thread you made. Within 30 minutes, go to the sub forums where you will see your new thread, double click on the title and you will be able to edit the title of your thread. After 30 minutes, ask a mod. ;)

paperdragon

AC Members
Mar 7, 2008
Check the classifieds stickies. Actually, you can change thet title line of a thread you made. Within 30 minutes, go to the sub forums where you will see your new thread, double click on the title and you will be able to edit the title of your thread. After 30 minutes, ask a mod. ;)
Huh, wish I'd known that 10 minutes ago. lol

I checked the classifieds sticky, not much info on NC there, that was the main reason I was asking.

As far as I can tell looking at this page, NC doesn't care nearly as much about aquatic species as I would have expected given the climate here.

paperdragon

AC Members
Mar 7, 2008
Ok, thanks. I'm guessing the nerites are probably in the no restrictions group too, right?
I've been seeing a lot of snails listed on aquabid that I thought were not legal to ship, but wasn't sure. Like the spixis, there's a couple people selling them in the US. I'd love to get a few more, but I'm not one to support the bending/breaking of laws to get them.

Arakkis

AC Members
Apr 7, 2008
SJ Cali
Yes they are or I'd be in some trouble lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store