Triops

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ciaobella7122

i love my ween!
Jul 28, 2008
Connecticut
search the forums, i dont personally know but i have definitely seen 2 or 3 threads about these little creatures. id assume your fish would eat them though i could be entirely wrong lol. good luck

PaulJ69

CP addict
Mar 18, 2008
NJ
I just kinda read the triop hacthery.pfd and heres what it says

"HELPFUL HINTS! If your Triops fail to hatch, change the brand
of water and try again. DO NOT use cleaning or insecticide
chemicals in the vicinity of your Triops. DO NOT put your Triops
in a tank with other fish!"

So Im guessing no.

grannylvsfish

have you been bad this year ??
Dec 6, 2006
Montana
we never had a problem hatching them, not ever. just add water and they hatch. We di this 2 times a year or more, my kids love em. what we do is put them in a five gallon container... ( mini tank) add tank water and add eggs, we also add bubbles. every week or even every few days we take 75 percent of the water out, and take water back out from the 55 tank and put it back into the triops tank. this way they get fresher water or close to it since I do water changes every week or some times 2 times a week. and they grow like crazy. we even seem to have them longer then sugested since we keep there tank clean and aerated.

Octavarium

Ambassador to Cephalopods
Mar 2, 2005
East Haven, CT
Real Name
Erik
I had them from Walmart years back, loved them, but the little jug they were in was garbage, so I tried for the 55 gallon with tetras and corys. Unfortuantely even then harrased them and picked them to death. Reminds fish of brine shrimp...very hard to keep fish from eating.

CaitxSith

A little too obsessed with neons.
Sep 30, 2006
The pond with some Triops
From my experience, nearly every fish can harass a Triops to death...

HOWEVER,
a full grown Triops can eat a fish small and slow enough.

Most likely, the Triops will be harassed to death.

ciaobella7122

i love my ween!
Jul 28, 2008
Connecticut
wow very interesting. are they like sea monkey ish or are they actually big enough that you can see individuals clearly?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store