90 gallon stand and canope

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Cheech

Global Moderator
Jan 13, 2000
Montreal, Canada
Hello....

Not sure if I've mentioned it before, but I work in the office of a wood working shop.. We make everything from wine rooms, wine cellars, kitchens, cabinets... etc etc... Anyway, I want to build myself a solid wood stand for a 90 gallong (48" X 24") and canope

does anyone have any links or suggestions on how to go about it? I'm pretty sure I have a good idea, but I'm wondering if anyone's built one already...

thanks for any help/... :)

liquafaction

AC Members
Jul 1, 2003
Visit site
I bought one with my tank, that was really simple. I have a friend that has a cabinet shop, and I spend way to much time in there. He has a computer program (and I am sure your work does) that you punch in your demenstions, and it spits out a cut list.

As far as the canopy goes, it is just a wood band with a lip on the inside to hold it on top of the tank. The bottom of the band goes below the water line, to hide the water line. Attach a piece of 8-10 inch plywood on the back top, and use a continous hinge, or a couble hidden hinges (nicer) for the lid.

The stand is just a 3/4 plywood box with access in the back for plugs and what not. Basically take a look at an entertainment center, just use 3/4 for the back, instead of 1/4, cut it down to table heigth, and but a top on it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store