strange bug in my new shipment

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

chazsgirl

AC Members
Jul 14, 2008
I received 10 yellow shrimp and in the bag with them was some plants and some crawing greyish black very small bugs, about the sz of a fire ant, there were a few of them, sorry no pics too small and too fast to catch, does it sound like they are anything bad? I put the shrimp in their own tank by catching them with a spoon and making sure not to get any of the bugs. does anyone have an idea on what they could be?

Sounguru

Guru at being an expert
Without pics it is hard but they could be something lie damsel fly larva I have been fighting those...

val1300

Registered Member
Sep 12, 2008
Thanks for posting this pic -- I've had these in 3 of my tanks for months! Water changes reduced the population but I could not eradicate them. Plus, they took up residence in the HOB filters. They are still there, but in much smaller numbers.

Notophthalmus

I put the 'snork' in 'snorkeling'!
Mar 4, 2008
Tennessee
They make good fish food. If your populations are large it may be a sign that your are overfeeding your fish, but a small population is nothing to worry about.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store