Dosing Kent Marine Liquid Calcium

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

bghill

AC Members
Jan 18, 2007
Vancouver, BC
I bought a bottle of this liquid calcium and not sure how much to dose my 10 gal. I have fiqured that the regular marine dose would be 1 ml per 10 gal per day. It has been recomended to reduce this and I'm not sure by how much and should it be everyday still? The tank has Ramshorn snails, MTS, and shrimp.
ph is around 6.6 to 6.8
Should I test for kg/gh to help determine dosage? (I do have this test but haven't realy learned about it yet)

Thanks

bazil323

AC Members
May 1, 2008
Wisconsin
Oops, I misread that. I was thinking Iodine:One drop per 10 gallons per week. I don't know what the dosing would be for calcium. I don't use it in my shrimp/snail tank. I do use the Kent Marine Iodine at the dosing above. I use cuttlebone for calcium. I cut it into chunks (it's like a hard sponge) and rubberband it to a rock to keep it submerged. You can just let it float like I did at first (it will eventually sink after months), but it's not very pretty. There is always a few snails sitting on it, and shrimp too.

Last edited:

msjinkzd

AC Members
Feb 11, 2007
PA
msjinkzd.com
Real Name
Rachel O'Leary
I found this response from flaringshutter:

I dose at the recommended marine rate about every two or three days. Seems to be about right for my snails. Remember that the more snails you have, the more calcium you will need. At 2.5 gal/snail, I would use the bottle dosage. Less than that, say 2 gal/snail, you'll need a little more than recommended.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store