Which would you get?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jaylin

Don't ask if you don't want to know
Aug 14, 2005
Denver-ish Colorado.
I'm still bouncing stocking ideas around for the aquariums I'll be setting up after I move. (I should be all moved by next saturday so .. yay!)

I know for sure that I'm going to turn my 10g into a Corydora hastatus species tank and I want to do my 29g as a South American kind of thing with a lot of plants and driftwood. At first I was thinking a couple angels, some tetras and another species of cories, but I think I might change up from that and go with some tetras, some apistos and maybe a BN pleco or two.

I guess you could say that only thing I'm really set on is that I really like the silver tip tetras and want to have some of those in there - but as far as the rest of the tank, I'm still looking for ideas. So what do you all think? How would you stock planted 29g?

lilim10

AC Members
Aug 7, 2008
Chicago
Real Name
June
I would get some hatchetfish for the top, maybe an angel, and a school of silvertip tetras. And maybe a couple of otos for algae cleanup.

theredchaser

AC Members
Aug 8, 2008
I think it might be too small for an angel longterm. For that size I'd suggest a gourami species tank. Gourami aren't cichlids but they have a lot of personality and intelligence.

I've also seen a similar size tank that was densly planted that was infested with different types of shrimp. It was kind of intersting to watch...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store