What do I do with all these fw clams?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

sed03f

a plant a fish
Jul 23, 2008
Florida
inverthobby.com
Real Name
Sarah
Okay, so, I paid almost two dollars for clams a few months ago. Now I have dozens. I got them to help cycle my tank. I dont need them anymore.

Is there a special food I can put in my tank to help feed them?

noodles62

Just Noods......
Apr 17, 2008
WNC
Real Name
Dawn
Clam chowder? :lipssealedsmilie: Sorry, couldn't help myself...........

DominionDesign

Just chillin', watching the fish.
Aug 5, 2008
Jacksonville, FL
Clam chowder? :lipssealedsmilie: Sorry, couldn't help myself...........
:)Yummy!!!
Clams are filter feeders and difficult to keep, especially in a newly established tank. Also, they have a bad habit of dying unnoticed and causing huge ammonia spikes. I would remove them and trade them for fish, or make chowder.

DominionDesign

Aug 5, 2008
Jacksonville, FL

jaylin

Don't ask if you don't want to know
Aug 14, 2005
Denver-ish Colorado.
Oh man, knowing what I know about clams and aquariums - the thought of making chowder out of those makes me feel very, very sick!

(But I do dig Alton Brown.)

DominionDesign

Aug 5, 2008
Jacksonville, FL
WARNING!!!!
DominionDesign does not endorse the cooking and eating of your tank inhabitants. This can be hazardous to your health, not to mention the health of our aquatic friends. Always use store bought or fresh caught ingredients when preparing dinner!!!! If you have eaten any thing from your tank please see your family doctor immediately. If you have any effects from eating said inhabitants and they last more than 4 hours please call the medical examiner and make an appointment. Side effects include, but are not limited to rapid breathing, outbreak of small white spots, bloating, shimmies, fungal growths, rot of the extremities, bulging eyes and velvet. If you experience any of these symptoms.....

noodles62

Just Noods......
Apr 17, 2008
WNC
Real Name
Dawn

DominionDesign

Aug 5, 2008
Jacksonville, FL
WARNING!!!!
DominionDesign does not endorse the cooking and eating of your tank inhabitants. This can be hazardous to your health, not to mention the health of our aquatic friends. Always use store bought or fresh caught ingredients when preparing dinner!!!! If you have eaten any thing from your tank please see your family doctor immediately. If you have any effects from eating said inhabitants and they last more than 4 hours please call the medical examiner and make an appointment. Side effects include, but are not limited to rapid breathing, outbreak of small white spots, bloating, shimmies, fungal growths, rot of the extremities, bulging eyes and velvet. If you experience any of these symptoms.....
Change "DominionDesign does not" to read "DominionDesign and noodles62 do not" There, I think we are covered.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store