Sick Angel?? Please help...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

cds

AC Members
Aug 10, 2003
Visit site
I have a black and silver striped angel fish, except I've noticed over the last few weeks that his color is dulling. His dorsal fin and the top of his back is turning and orangish brown color. He still has a very healthy appetite, and seems very alert, but I'm worried that this could be something...

Any help very much appreciated!!

cds

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
Angels will frequently change coloration as they mature, so unless you purchased these from a breeder and know they are a specific color line, that's one possibility. Others: fish can change color with their surroundings--not sure how applicable this is to angels, though. Stress and disease are also potential factors, but without other symptoms like a failing appetite, trouble swimming, or behavioral issues like hiding, flashing, or scratching, seem unlikely to me.

cds

AC Members
Aug 10, 2003
Visit site
I hope this isn't a dumb question, but is it possible that it's stressing because the only other angel died (about 4 weeks ago)? Should I get another angel perhaps?

Deb2

AC Members
Jun 4, 2002
Folsom, CA
Visit site
I doubt it. Many angels are very happy to be the only fish in a tank.

Dangerdoll

Global Moderator
Aug 27, 2002
Roselle Park, NJ
aquariacentral.com
Real Name
Cori
It really depends on the size and age of your current Angel. If you decided to get another, it might not be the best idea if yours is an adult as it could be territorial at this point, a recipe for disaster.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store