Anemone Photo Dicussion Thread

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

<3Oscar

AC Members
Mar 28, 2009
IA, USA
I wish more folks would post photos of their anemones on here. I'm just now beginning to get fascinated by them! I had no idea some of them were so pretty!

Conski

AC Members
May 8, 2009
this forum is very limited :( i wish it would pick back up again, and i fear that maybe that stupid *** thread about the zoas in the other section mightve turned one of our sections highest members away from this site.

reefgeek

Registered Member
Sep 10, 2011
I'm finding the new anemone (puple tip) a bit of a mystery. It's been in the tank for about a month, working out well although I've been warned it is difficult to care for. It's clown brings it just about anything it is eating only to snatch it away again before the anemone can close on it - unless it is raw fish/shrimp. That, the anemone will grab and consume immediately. Anyway, all seems well but now, this morning, it looks like the photo I've attached here. Not sure what I am looking at and not sure if he's having trouble. To describe (it's a cheap camera photo) it looks like it's upside down, mostly constricted down to a pretty small size, with no sign of lesions or the like. Either that or I'm looking at an extremely protruded and puckered shut mouth. Splitting?

Supporting info: simple nanocube setup with 50/50's, the anemone established itself in a nook between the live rocks, it lives with a domino and a clown as well as some blue leg crabs and a variety of small snails. That's it, very basic tank at this point.

anemone_acting_odd.jpg

anemone_acting_odd.jpg

Arakkis

AC Members
Apr 7, 2008
SJ Cali
Tis a Sebae Anem. Pretty cool anemone and he's pooping

This is my nem healing center after they have been cut

Yay make more

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com